The Science of Running Medicine Fall 2017
October 28-29, 2017 | Tempe Mission Palms | Tempe, AZ
Register and reserve your hotel room early; limited space and availability
This course has been approved by the AzPTA for 14.25 continuing competence contact hours. Arizona licensed physical therapists are urged to review Arizona Administrative Code R4-24-402 prior to committing to this or any course to meet their continuing competence requirements.
Tempe Mission Palms, where Midwestern charm meets the warmth of the Southwest, is the only full-service hotel in Tempe, AZ with convenient access to Scottsdale and Phoenix. The serenity of the surrounding desert landscape and its rose-colored vistas are reflected in the hotel’s décor and mimicked in its relaxing ambiance. Our friendly staff provides unparalleled service, and is eager to create an unforgettable hospitality experience. Within walking distance to downtown Tempe's Mill Avenue district & over 100 restaurants, bars, and shops.
HOTEL SERVICES & AMENITIES
Airport transportation is available 5:30 am to 10:30 pm
Valet service for your automobile at the front entry of the hotel
In-room coffee and tea service
High-speed wireless Internet connection
Local and 1-800 telephone calls made from your guest room
Receipt of faxes through the hotel's front desk
Use of the hotel's workout facility between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
Complimentary USA Today newspaper available Monday through Friday
Spend an afternoon at our picturesque roof-top pool and terrace, with views of Phoenix and downtown Tempe, or perhaps a gathering at our inviting indoor/outdoor lounge at Harry's Place for cocktails and a casual dinner.
All of the accommodations in Tempe include:
Rooftop Outdoor heated swimming pool
Two Jacuzzi spas
Elegant garden courtyards
Top-rated Mission Grille restaurant
Harry's Place, our indoor/outdoor lounge
Business Center and Concierge
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Transportation
Enterprise Rent-A-Car service on site
High speed wireless Internet
Fully equipped Fitness Center
Registration is $550 per person.
Student Rate $400
All Science of Running Medicine courses are BOC certified.
Tempe Mission Palms
60 East Fifth Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
$174 per night special rate (required resort fee additional)
Noraxon is hosting a Biomechanics Workshop at EXOS during the Science of Running Medicine. Join us!
Open only to registrants of The Science of Running Medicine Symposium
Date: Friday, October 27
Location: EXOS Training Center, Scottsdale, AZ
Departure: Bus departs Tempe AZ hotel: 2:00pm, arrives 2:30pm
Workshop: 2:30 – 5:30pm
Return: Bus departure 6:00pm, arrives to hotel 6:30pm
Welcome and Tour (30 minutes)
Rotating Workshops (30 minutes each):
- Running Analysis – Learn to use high-speed video and pressure sensing treadmills to quickly analyze an individual’s running technique. Learn from the experts what parameters to look for in this hands-on Workshop. Incorporates leading instrumented treadmills and the new NiNOX camera systems. (Location: Main Theater)
- Jump Analysis – In this session you’ll be using force plates, high-speed video, and EMG to understand the dynamic qualities of an athlete that is returning to their sport from an injury or trying to prevent one. This portion of the hands-on workshop will dive into the metrics that can be produced from a simple jump profile, to quickly and easily provide insight into your diagnosis. Incorporates popular force plate brands and the new NiNOX camera systems. (Location: Main Gym)
- Biofeedback Training – Biofeedback is one of the fastest ways to help patients understand the connection between the brain and body. In this portion of the hands-on Workshop we will show how to use EMG live within a training session to increase exercise regimen efficiency and adherence. (Location: TBD)
- Special Workshop Biomechanics Evaluation System Packages will be available for the SoRM Workshop attendees — don’t miss this opportunity to upgrade your research and analysis capabilities at special package pricing!
Workshop Cost Includes
- 3-hour Workshop
- Dinner near hotel (walking distance)
- Shuttle to and from hotel to Exos
Open only to registrants of The Science of Running Medicine Symposium. If you still need to register, click here.
Interested in exhibiting at The Science of Running Medicine? Click on this link for more information.
Cancellation Policy. Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 28 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $100 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 28 days before the course start date.
Right to cancel or postpone. Science of Running Medicine reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event that Science of Running Medicine must cancel or postpone this course, we will fully refund the registration fee, but are not responsible for any related costs, charges or expenses to participants, including fees assessed by airline, travel or lodging agencies.
Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, and other matters related to the site are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. The copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the site is strictly prohibited, without our express prior written permission.
Please note: conference handouts will be provided digitally before the conference. No printed materials will be provided.
The Science of Running Medicine course is designed by and for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants. It is also an excellent course for athletic trainers and other health professionals, such as physicians, chiropractors and strength and conditioning coaches, who work with the running population.
Science of Running Medicine (BOC AP#: P8848) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 14.25 Category A hours/CEUs.
Level of Difficulty: Advanced per the NATA’s Professional Development Committee
Most states accept the BOC approval for proof of course appropriateness for physical therapy and physical therapy assistant CEUs. However, a few states, notably Texas, California, Louisiana, Florida, and Pennsylvania, may require prior approval by the attendee before applying these CEUs for state licensure. We encourage you to check with your state on its policies.